Below is general information about our electric-powered (GridBee) and solar-powered (SolarBee) mixers for wastewater applications. In the left menu are links to more specific information on various types of systems.
GridBee GF Series Electric Mixers
SolarBee SB Series Solar Mixers
Six intake designs for various wastewater applications (Select an image to enlarge)
How much can you save? Sometimes $millions. The aeration system at the wastewater plant is often the largest consumer of electricity in the city. In the past, the answer for every problem seemed to be to increase the horsepower (hp), add more aeration. Today, with the average US cost of electricity over $0.10 per kwh, that extra energy is costing cities many millions of dollars in wasted energy over the life of the equipment.
When you analyze aeration, typically only a small part of the aeration energy consumed, 20% to 50%, is actually needed for production of dissolved oxygen(DO) for the BOD and nitrification bacteria. And the rest of the energy is typically being used just for the mixing effect, trying to get the DO to the bacteria that need it.
That's where GridBee and SolarBee mixers come in. Our mixers take advantage of the way water forms thin horizontal layers in all reservoirs. They pull water in from all corners of the basin, up to 700 ft from the machine in all directions, at the desired depth based on the setting of the adjustable intake plate, and provide vigorous effective mixing that distributes the DO evenly throughout the mixed depth using low energy. With the GridBees and SolarBees doing the mixing, operators can turn down their aeration to just produce the required DO. In most energy reduction projects our equipment has a 1-3 year payback in energy savings, and saves our customers $millions over the 25 year design life. And we are there to guide you, all the way through the design, startup
and operation process.
As you go through the rest of our wastewater site, you will also find good information on using GridBee and SolarBee circulators for BOD and TSS reduction, ammonia (N) and phosphorus(P) reduction, in-basin sludge digestion to avoid dredging, and odor control in addition to energy savings.
All of our wastewater equipment offers these standard features:
- Complete range of sizes that fit virtually every wastewater basin or pond, regardless of the application; this greatly reduces the number of machines required and the project initial cost.
- Choice of electric-powered (GridBee) or solar-powered (SolarBee) equipment
- No infrastructure requirements beyond any basic wiring; all equipment is portable, transportable, and easily relocated to another location if ever desired
- Factory delivery and installation; service plans are also available
- Available on a "try-before-you-buy" pilot or rental basis, 95% of pilots convert to a purchase
- SCADA outputs are available, and various other options
- Long parts and labor warranty, from two years to 25 years depending on the machine model and component.
- For private companies purchasing solar powered mixers, there are extensive tax benefits that greatly reduce the cost of the equipment.